Joe And His Happy Life

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

The air was whistling. Joe and his family were walking down the streets of Amura. Amura is a country in Askalia. Amura is known for it’s windy and snowy days. Joe and his family were walking down a mountain covered in snow. Joe’s boots were gently and softly sinking into the snow as his hair swayed in the wind. Joe started dreaming about how his life could be more exciting, thrilling, and more interesting. His thoughts were interrupted by his sister. “Joe! Look out!” Joe shot his eyes open to see the edge of the mountain. He then suddenly tripped by his boots going too deep in the snow and started rolling down the mountain. His family watched helplessly as Joe’s body picked up speed. He rolled down the mountain with snow tightly gripping him in the shape of a ball.
Meanwhile, in a city called Enzyxille, people scampered all over the place. The city was truly a magnificent place! People talked to each other well, there was food, and especially there was no snow! It wasn't even cold! It was warm and there was a gentle zephyr flowing across the city.
Back at where Joe was, he was having a hard time. He was, but then he saw a beautiful sight. He was looking at nothing but Enzyxille! Joe breathed a sigh of relief. For once, he was enjoying the unpleasant snowball ride. The snowball was not used to the sun, so it started to melt. That's when Joe realised this isn't good! He was heading straight for a worksite area which is restricted! He didn't notice the snowball melting, though. Joe’s face was red with consternation. Then the snowball started to slow down every second. That’s when he noticed the snowball melting. He started to plan something to help the snowball slow down, so he started wiggling and jiggling in the snowball while it kept on rolling. Just then, the snowball cracked. Joe worked harder and harder when a big piece of snow exploded out. Jack slipped out sweating heavily. His eyes were red as he pushed himself out since the snowball stopped inches in front of the worksite area. Joe used the last of his strength and walked over to the first street he could find. He definitely needed a rest. He sat down on a bench near a colourful house. Joe started snoring before his head hit the bench. He went to sleep even quicker just looking at the house.
The next morning, Joe woke up feeling weird. He felt like he was in a nice, relaxing house… and he was! Joe was sleeping in the house he saw when he was on the bench. The people in the house were nice enough to let him in and live there for a while.
10 years later, it was time for Joe to leave. He was aristocratic, healthy and wealthy. Now he was a good man and was ready to live his own happy life!
The end!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!