On The Stand Forevermore...

Every time I see you, you make me feel like I’m in a court room.
You always willingly place me on that flame-filled stand.
Waiting. Just waiting…
for me to fall through the cracks of your blackened heart.
Before one word slips through my tongue, you gladly insert my name onto your suspect list.
My every breathless second of life feels like an infinity of death with you.
Why do I always have to be on the defence against you?
Why do you forcibly push me onto that stand and tell me I’m worthless?
You made me look into that blurry mirror of cruelty and constantly repeat that I was nothing.
Little did I know that it was blurry for a reason.
I was never speaking to my reflection; I was forever speaking to yours.
I am in your cage of wrath that I shall never escape. You will always be there.
My bias judge.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!