Once An Epitaph

To whoever it concerns or whoever is still there.
Take me to the city, rest my body upon my stage lair.
After the curtains have finally closed, take me to my lover
because it'll be the one who knows.
Take me to the country, run my fingertips along soft spines of grass.
Alas the air too cool, a warning not to pass.
Take me to my desk that creaks above rustic wooden floors.
Dare not to read my distinguished perceptions, for they hide too much more.
The time has come to lay me down, dressed in my best attire.
Place a book filled of empty pages and a pen full with ink next to me so I may in-script my eternal desires.
Death has only now come to visit me with enhances of cold.
I greet death like an old friend, thanking him for letting me grow old.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!