Rain

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

The rain drizzled through the air. The sun shone against the raindrops and glimpses of light started peeping through. I could hear the rain gently splashing on the ground. Water hung from the trees and every once in a while, the water would drop off and slowly melt into the other droplets. I could feel the rain, splashing on my back and running into my hair. The water ran down the street, gushing into the pipes and filling up the gutters. I could smell the saltiness of the water, the smell filling up my nostrils. I didn't think this day could get better. I was filled with happiness and nothing could break that spell.
The water falling on my back suddenly turned into hail. More and more raindrops appeared around me and a cacophonous sound filled my ears. The lightning cracked down like a lightbulb exploding. The thunder roared behind me and I was momentarily frozen. The lightning struck again. This time I thought that I was so close, I could touch it. The thunder boomed and this time I didn't freeze. Then the rain started. The rain pelted towards me, turning my clothes to slop. The wind plastered my hair to my head and I could barely see. The rain ripped through me like I was a piece of paper and I could feel the rock-hard pieces of hail. I knew this day could only get worse. There was no shelter in sight. Nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. An eternal prison...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!