The Void

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

I stare down at the empty hole of blackness and shine my torch at the void. It dimly lights up it. "This is it," I whisper over to my partner, Jane. "This is the void." I take a step closer to the pit of darkness only to hear the ground start to crumble beneath me. Panicked, I jump back onto the hard surfuce. "Phew," I say, trying to calm myself down while watching the ground fall down into the void. "Be careful." I look over at Jane and see her nod, silently. Once again I go further to the edge. I trip over something, which I presume was a stone, and fall into the void. I close my eyes. I know this is the end. I shut my eyes and wait for the pain. The last pain I will ever feel. There it is. Someone grabbing onto my leg and pulling me somewhere. It open my eyes and dust gets in. It stings and my eyes begin to water. The grabbing stops and I, for some reason, get up. A familiar voice yells in my ears. "Stop doing that!" I turn around and see Jane. "Well im sorry!" I yell, even more loudly. "We didnt come this far to stand here for 12 hours! We came here to explore!" Jane trys to speak, but is interrupted by a loud roar. "Get out" it booms. "Who are you? I stutter. "I am the Guardian of the void." He screams. Suddenly, a giant beast comes running towards us. Jane grabs me by the shoulders. "Think James, Think!" She exclaims. I think and think. But I think I thought for a little too long...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!