Nat Saves The Day

Nancy Saves The Day

Once a upon a time, there was a squirrel family with a Mum a Dad and a baby called Nancy. She was the fastest out of all of her friends at running. One day Nancy and her friends were playing hide and seek and Mary was it. Nancy was running as fast as she could and bumped into a tree. When Nancy woke up she did not know which way to go. She kept going further into the bush until she found a river and said to herself,"I can't remember this being here". Although Nancy did not recognise the river, she crossed it anyway. She was scared, hungry and tired and had to find something to eat. So she found some nuts to eat and then fell asleep.

When Nancy woke up everything was quite different. There was no trees, the river had disappeared and there was a strange path with lights that led somewhere. She followed the path and it led her to home, but there was something different. There was no one there. No sound could be heard. Nancy's family was not there. Nancy started to cry. Once she stopped crying she realised that there was a note sitting on her bed.

She read the note, it said. "Nancy, I'm so sorry that we have gone but we have been taken by the Big Foot. The Big Foot is actually a human! We have been taken to London Zoo". Nancy found a map of the world and soon found the zoo. Nancy got as much food as she could and then set off on her way. She couldn't wait to see her family again, but she had to make her way in before she could see them. Nancy started to make her way into the zoo and couldn't find the squirrel enclosure.

Nancy was looking and looking for her family, finally she found them, but then she could not find a way into the enclosure. So Nancy had to wait until the zoo shut. When the zoo finally closed Nancy went to the squirrel enclosure and said, "hello mummy, I came to rescue you, but don't be loud like you always are, and tell me a way to get you out of there." "Nancy darling just go around the corner and you'll see a door." "Ok then mum." Nancy went around the corner and found a key on the wall and could just reach it. She opened the door. Nancy and her family and friends sneaked out of London Zoo and went back into the bush where they lived. When they got home Nancy and her mum went back into the bush where she saw the lights, but there was nothing there. Nancy was lucky the lights where there the first time, because if they weren't Nancy would never be with her family again.


The End

Lillian Harris
10 years of age
7 Pulchella Drive Tolmans Hill
4/5 Navy
Mount Carmel College

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!