The Coloured Grass Frog

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

About five fine years ago a tall, thin, blond haired girl called Sally gracefully strolled into the dirty elephant enclosure. Sally lived and worked in a calm circus tent surrounded by the busy city. One of her chores was to look after the big grey, beautiful beasts, the Indian Elephants.
Sally’ voice was as soft as a royal pillow as she sang to herself, her blond hair glittered in the morning sunlight. “I love my job. How could I ask for any more? I look after...” she abruptly stopped in mid-sentence. As Ginger, the most reckless elephant in the circus was now not a gorgeous beast but a slimy, green and purple spotted, orange, humongous frog!
Sally’s bucket of feed fell to the ground with a bump, because of Sally’s shock. “Lilly! Lilly! Ginger has turned into a slimy frog!” “Don’t pull my leg, Sally dear. I know how much you love to tell stories but don’t you think it’s gone a little bit too far this time?” But Sally didn’t hear most of that last sentence because the slimy frog broke out of its enclosure and startled Sally so much that she fainted on the cooled, dirty, hard floor!
About five short minutes later, Sally awoke to a horrible headache and the knowledge that the frog was nowhere in sight! Sally, quick as a flash, rushed into the city, despite her nasty headache, to find the slimy frog hopping on everything and I mean everything in its path including buildings! The weight of the slimy beast also meant that trees, playgrounds and so much more came crashing dramatically to the ground! People everywhere were calling the Chief of Police, but every time he just said in a very grumpy voice “I have heard that same unbelievable story all day long and I am not falling for it!”
No matter how hard people tried to contact the police they just hung up! Andrew a professional biologist saw the frog and called, not the police, but his biology buddy Jack. They had been looking for this frog for years, as it was known to be from the prehistoric age! They rushed down to the city with professional Animal Control Guards at hand!
Now this new frog species is called the Coloured Grass Frog! It said on the News that the slimy frog is now free in a large enclosure in South Africa and is the only one of its kind. The newsreader also said that the elephant turned into a frog because there was a bad man that wanted all Indian Elephants destroyed. He had stolen state of the art chemicals from a lab in New Zealand, and has been taken to prison for a whole ten entire years and because of this the frog is still alive to this day!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!