Tears

The wind is singing a song, while the bird a chirping alone. I let my mind flow to wherever it may want to go. I let my body linger like I have no control. I take a step forward and I see the trees ahead standing still as life has no movement. I see the water rushing alone as life will never stop. I see the blue skies as happiest as it can be. This right here is the moment where my choice lies to step into darkness or to follow the light. I let my eyes drift as everything slowly start to come back, a nightmare I thought I could forget.A nightmare that left my life hanging, a nightmare that I never believed happened. 2 shots that left a child crying. Watching her life disappear right in front of her eyes. The people she loved leaving one by one in her arms. In that moment lies is where her life started to perish. The blood covering this child will never leave, the tears in this 5 year old child will never stop. Those once deep blue eyes are now gone with the tears of losing the ones closest to her.
My eyes start to open as I feel a drop of water going down my cheek. They start to pour like an endless stream of water. I take another step forward, the sun is starting to rise now I look under me I can’t see what is at the bottom because there is a thick mist hiding the bottom from me. Maybe it’s my time to find out what is behind all the mist. Just like that child life the mist that is covering her life, is the death all her love ones, what would've happened if the mist wasn’t there. What would happen if she didn’t lose her love ones.
My journey, my story stop here that nightmare will stop. What do I have to live for? Maybe it time to reunite with the people I love.
I take one my step and now I begin to fly just like my parent taught me.
That child that has cried for 13 years of her life can finally stop. I can finally stop crying.

By Tuyet Dang






FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!