A Bee's Life

I never really liked bees that much, until the day I became one. I have always had been allergic to them. Never in life, had I been stung, until today. I see a bee and run for it. No one knows what would happen to me if I got stung, even my doctor, Mrs Trafalgar (I hate her, she’s a beefy, evil scientist). I run the opposite way from the bee to my friend. I stop for a rest, and the world goes black, I can only faintly remember the bee staring at me straight in the eyes…
I open my eyes and look around. Where was I? Why does everything look so big?
“I have wings!” I exclaim.
Should I try them? Yes I should. It works! All of a sudden, I hear the hum of bees flying. I turn around towards the sound. Maybe the queen of bees would know what to do; duh! I start flying to the hive, but a humongous bee stops me.
“What are you doing? Who are you? Where did you come from?” he asks.
“I’m trying to get in to the hive. I’m a human and-“
“You are not a human! Why are you here?”
I decide a fake story would work: “I was joking! Of course I’m a bee, you dumb, dumb! I have something important to report to the queen. If I meet her, I’ll tell her that some stupid ding-dong stopped me from reporting something that could wreck our hive!”
“No, no,” he says hurriedly, “you may enter.”
I enter as gracefully as I can.
The place is amazing! It has all the hexagons you would imagine it to have, like in all the pictures. I fly into the queen’s larger (by far) hexagonal space.
“I hear you have something to report,” the queen says silkily.
“Yes,” I answer pleadingly, “please help me return into a human.”
“Hmmm… on one condition. You tell your kind to stop wrecking our hives.”
I nod hurriedly, “I promise.”
She murmurs something and suddenly I’m human again, back at home. I look back. A fat bumblebee gazes at me and nods. I turn away and smile.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!