Late Again

"Sunshine you better go home," James said like he was worrying about something.
"James don't worry just have fun," I said confidently. James was right again, it was about twelve o'clock in the morning when I got home. I set my alarm at 7:30 AM. I woke up in the morning at 9:30 AM. I was so worried, I ran around the house like a headless chook. I had a small breakfast and ran to school tying my tie. I arrived at school at 10:00 AM but school starts at eight thirty. I was late again.

When I arrived at the class room all I saw was the school janitor cleaning the floor. I thought they must be having a test in the gym. I tried to tiptoe into the gym but when I stepped the wood made a sound. The teacher shouted "You're late Peter!" I came to sit next to James who was next to Fairy floss. "Sunshine what did I tell you," James looked angry. You're probably wondering Sunshine and Fairy floss aren't real names. My name is Sunshine because I have bright yellow hair. My real name is Peter. Fairy floss has a fuzzy Afro and he is a redhead.

It was almost the end of school. I checked my phone for the weather forecast because my house is twenty minutes away and I walk home. The forecast says it's going to hail. I looked outside and there was only two clouds in the sky. It was only five minutes away from hailing. The school bell went off. I had just remembered I was at the back of the school and my school was long and wide. When I got to the front of the school all of a sudden it starts to hail. A big piece falls right in front of me. It about five centimeters wide. I wanted my jumper but I left it in the school. The school was locked by then. I had short sleeves. I had to run home. While I was running pieces hit my arm, I started to bleed.

I called Fairy floss because he had medical skills. He had a first aid kit and it had almost everything in it. Fairy floss looked disgusted. He put a special cream and a bandage on it. It took three days to heel. He came back to check on it. He said "It would be fine."


I woke up the next morning at 9:30 AM. I ran around the house like a headless duck with a broken arm. At 9:45 AM I finished everything except doing my tie and my buttons up. I ran to school doing them up.I arrived at school at 10:00 AM. "Peter you're late!" teacher yelled even louder. I was late again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!