Family Murder

I was scared as I sat in my room. There were all the loud sounds coming from the lounge room, my blood was pumping. I was going to see what it was but I was too scared. Suddenly I heard a knock at my door, I jumped. I ran to the door and locked it. I asked who it was. There was no reply. I asked again getting more scared and backing away from the door. I heard the sound I was fearing, the gun had been fired, someone had been shot.

First I thought of my younger brother. I hoped it wasn’t him who was shot. I was going to open my door when I heard the steps of the killer. I ran and his under my bed. I heard my door handle turn, I hoped I locked the door properly. I heard screaming coming from my mother’s room, I wanted to do something but I couldn’t, my phone was downstairs. If I went outside my room I would get shot. I started to think and cry. My brother hadn’t said anything. I was hoping I wasn’t the only person who was still alive.

I heard footsteps again, but this time they were going down the stairs. I hoped he would go out the front door. I waited and listened I heard the door shut. I ran out of my room and down stairs to get my phone, I ran back up stairs and into my brother’s room, he wasn’t there. I was scared, was I the only one left?

I ran into Mum’s room. There was blood and stuff everywhere. There were pieces of broken glass all over the floor. I was very careful where I stepped so I didn’t cut myself. I saw Mum laying on the floor with blood coming out from her head and a bullet wound in her arm. I ran to her to see if she had a pulse, she did. I rang the ambulance. I held her hand and told her to hang in there, everything is going to be alright.

I asked her if she knew where my brother was but she shook her head. My heart pumped faster. I left my mother and looked around at the rest of the house. I started calling his name, there was no sounds the house was empty and all I could see was glass. I was feeling sick, suddenly there was a knock at the door it was the paramedics I showed them where my mother was. They then rang the police. I was still looking for my brother. I started looking down stairs when I saw the mess, it was dreadful the smell of blood and dirt, I found my brother lying in the corner. I went over to see him and to see if he was okay but he wasn’t.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!