Happy Halloween

It’s Halloween!!
“Nooooooo! How come I have to dress up as a princess?” said Kyle talking to Mrs Carter.
“It’s just luck,” said Mrs Carter.
Oh sorry I forgot to introduce myself. I’m Kyle Williams. You’re probably wondering what I’m babbling about, well, probably whinging about. It’s just that we had a raffle of what we’re going to wear to the HALLOWEEN DANCE and when it was my turn I got a princess. Now my reputation will be ruined. Here is the bad part, the HALLOWEEN DANCE is tomorrow. Right now I just want to go to bed and cry!
As soon as school was over I grabbed my bike and rode as fast as I could. I stormed inside my house ran up the stairs but got stopped by my sister Renee.
“How did it go?” she said. “Did you get the costume you wanted?”
“No,” I shot back.
“Then what did you get?” she said annoyed.
“None of your business,” I cried.
“I’m your older sister,” she said more annoyed. She snatched the piece of paper and started laughing.
“Hi Princess Kyle,” she said teasing me.
“Give me the paper,” I cried.
“Here your majesty.’’ She handed me the piece of paper.
I stormed up to my room, locked the door and jumped into bed.
The next day was the HALLOWEEN DANCE. I was feeling sick. The whole day I had butterflies in my stomach and a massive headache. I wished all the sessions at school went for longer. We were already in 5th session. When the day was over I saw Renee in her car at the front of the school.
“Hop in. I see you don’t have your bike so mum told me to pick you up,” she spat. “I didn’t want to but you have to get ready for Prince Charming!”
“Be quiet,” I hissed.
I jumped into the car and put on the seat belt.
As soon as I got home I jumped out of the car, opened the door and saw mum holding a princess costume.
“What’s this?” I said horrified.
“Tata,” she said. “Go put the costume on because we have to go in 5.”
“I don’t want to go,” I replied.
“You are going to put this costume on right now and are going,” she said very scarily, “and besides it’s about time a boy dresses up as a princess.”
I grabbed the dress, ran to my room and quickly put it on. As soon as I was done I walked slowly downstairs.
“Hurry up”, mum yelled.
I ran out the door and saw Renee.
“Aw, I wish I was your prince, not,” she laughed.
I jumped into the car and Mum started driving.
As soon as we got there I saw my best friend Michael. OMG, he was dressed up as a fairy! We walked inside and ….. guess what? We had so much fun right up till the last song.
When it was over I walked out feeling like it wasn’t that bad after all.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!