Wings

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

A slither of glass, so thin a pin would shatter it to pieces.
A cloud so dilute, a light breeze of warm air would roll through and disrupt its perfectly curious configuration.
A handful of fallen snow, so soft it melts through my stinging, roseate fingers.
A single stalk of grass so mellow in veil it curls over amongst the meadow of daisies and sunburnt soil.

Does a moth decide to have such a delicate existence, so frail?
Does a miniscule and eggshell yet lean and lusty creature decide to have wings?

Carried through the wind, it somersaults between the branches.
Narrow twigs for a base, it perches on a moist and sunken, salty leaf.
This is a frail young one, but so aged in cognisance.
This is a silent young one, but so sonorous in its song.

A grasp of tissue paper, so delicate it swathes around a surface of thorns.
A first word, or last word perhaps, so overflown with uncertainty and unease.
A dream of mine, so precious and dear, it evanesces to a serpentine land.
A heart of a young one, so feeble not a darling could still defrost the caliginous, black ice.

(16 lines, despite spacings)

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!