I Made It!

My hands were shaking, my heart was beating so fast I could feel my head throbbing. I looked to my left to see my parents crying their eyes out. Their eyes were red and swollen and their faces were extremely pale. I've never seen my parents in that state before, but I guess any parent would be like this if they got the news that their 17 year old daughter was diagnosed with a matter of bone cancer also known as Osteosarcoma. I felt ill and nauseous.
Though I felt even worse after being told what to be expected and the symptoms of cancer such as; losing hair, constantly feeling ill and nauseous as well as always being weak and unable to move. I was appreciative to have caring nurses at the hospital and a mother that never left me no matter what. She used to hold my hand and remind me how strong we are to get through it.
I got extremely annoyed when I used to spend most of my time weak on crutches and on a wheelchair, while my friends told me how much fun they were having, going to amazing places, parties and telling me cool things that happened at school while I wasn’t there. Sometimes they try to comfort me in a way but instead make things worse for me. However there were some that visited me daily and called all the time.
There were three other people in my room, two boys and one girl. Though they were actually like my brothers and sisters. They’re mothers that also stayed with them cared for me and treated me as their own. Other than always being in pain and agony, I like the part where I got to meet new people and ones who understood like I did and this is what I am grateful of.
Though, unfortunately they past away after the pain became too much for them to handle, I cried for months, but after joining cancer organizations such as camp quality and canteen, I met more people with cancer and went on camps and fun days with them. Then I felt a lot better.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!