Taming The Beast

In the jungle, the mighty jungle, on a nice summer’s day, there
was a family exploring. The family’s name was the Walt family. In their family, there was Dave Walt, Susan Walt, Greg Walt and Little Lucy Walt. Lucy was a big fan of animals, she loved animals some much that she even had one for a pet (but you probably already knew that).
One day, Lucy decided to go for a walk in the jungle so she packed herself a picnic and headed off, but before she left, her mom said, “Be back by 7 darling.”
About half an hour later, Lucy was looking at all the animals, she even forgot she had a picnic…but all of a sudden, she heard a sawing sound in the distance.
It was the Government, they were cutting down trees. Lucy saw that most of the animals had escaped but there was still a gorilla whose leg had gotten stuck in between some logs. Lucy quickly rushed to the gorilla but it was too wild to help. So Lucy tried to tame this beast but it was no use, the gorilla was in too much pain!
Lucy gave it one final go to tame the beast, she quickly grabbed some fruit from her picnic basket and gave it to the gorilla which soon calmed it down. Once the gorilla calmed down, Lucy helped the gorilla remove the log crushing its leg.
Soon all the animals were safe, what a spectacular adventure.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!