Dance Days

Dance Days!
“Let’s go” I say, it had been the best day of my life! I was just in my dance class and me and my group had been allowed to go to the concert in the under 12’s group with Lucy, Izy, Gipsy, Ted and me. I am in level three. Izzy is in level four, she says it is easy but it isn’t. Everyone else is on level two. Gypsy is my best friend, we both go to the same school and go everywhere together.
I live with my mum, dad and brother called Bob (a dog). Our family loves pets. I have two dogs called Awesome and Roxy, a bird called Tasha and three cats called Silky, Ori and E. E has some anger issues, she hisses lots and hides from everyone. Mum works during the day and cooks stuff and when we finish eating our afternoon tea she comes in. It is really creepy, as soon as we take our last bite, she walks down from the attic.
A few weeks later me and Gipsy are practicing our dance, we are both the best at our dance. Our favorite subjects are maths and spelling because it will always be the same, like seven times six, will always be forty-two and writing will always be spelt W-R-I-T-I-N-G.
A few days later we are practicing your dance at dance class. As we are leaving our teacher said “I hope all our costumes are all finished”.
“What costumes?” we all say. Then she remembers she has forgotten to tell us that we need to wear costumes. As soon as we get out of dance class we start talking really quickly. In the end we all agree to go to my house because my mum has lots of old fabric. So we all quickly called our mums and dads and told them we need costumes for dance and that we were all going to Tan’s house to find old fabric. As soon as we finish calling we start walking to my house it doesn’t take long before we are standing at a big drive- way going up a hill we start to walk up as we start walking we see mum driving down the drive-way we call out to her and when she stops we ask her to give us a lift home.
When we got there we went into the shed and we all found a fabric we liked.
We went back into the house and made our costumes. They looked awesome. Everyone liked our costumes.
Finally when the concert day came everyone was very really excited. We all wanted to do our best. When we started to dance the crowd went quiet and still and all the people watching from backstage clapped or did a thumbs up.
It was over in a flash and everyone clapped. We walked off stage. It was fun.

Author: Osha Westmacott
Year 3

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!