The Surfing Dream

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

One day there was a girl. Wait a minute. This story is about me, not a random girl. OK let me start again. On the 10th of September, I woke up and
decided to go to the beach to practice my cool new move the Aerial on my surfboard. Surfing has been my passion since I was three.
When I got there, I saw a poster for a Surfing Competition to be held on the 22nd of September at Misquamicut State Beach.
I decided to join, so I put my name down. I was so exited and thought, I had better win this, so I will practice, practice, practice until I get it right.
By the time I put my bathers on, the waves were nice and big. I practiced until I was too tired to walk. I nailed the cool move. Hopefully I will nail it on the day.
The next day I went to the park. There was an awesome flying fox. I kept going on it until I lost my grip and fell right onto my foot.
"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" I had rolled my ankle.
How am I supposed to compete now? “Sorry darling,” said Dad, “You won't be able to make the competition." I was so disappointed. In another ten days, the competition was on. I would not make it. All I did was stay home and watch TV. l had such a boring time.
In a month, my ankle had healed. I went to the beach to practice. I then saw a poster for another surfing competition so I entered.
On the day, I was so excited, yet scared because I thought if I messed up I would not come first. When I got into the water, I was going smoothly. I just have to get the move right. It will guarantee a win. The host David said, “Emma is going so smoothly, but can she get the Aerial?” There is a moment of silence, everyone froze. David said. “OOHHHHH, can she do it, can she? And she did, she made the Aerial." Everyone is so excited for me, even the people competing. David said, “She made it, but what do the judges think of it? They all gave her a ten out of ten and they all loved it." The prize was a new surfboard and I was so excited. It was the best day of my life. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!