Milly And Sam's Magical Adventure

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

Once upon a time, there lived a girl called Milly. She loved to go exploring with her brother Sam. One day, Milly and Sam went for a walk into the wonderful magical big green forest. Milly had a basket and Sam carried his favourite stick. They walked for awhile until they saw a tree that grew lollipops. Sam tried to get a lollipop down with his stick but suddenly the tree moved and threw lollipops at them. They grabbed two lollipops each, put them in the basket and ran away. They came across a river and next to it was a bucket. The bucket was empty. Milly asked Sam if he was thirsty and used the bucket to get some water to drink. As soon as they had a drink, Milly felt strange. She looked at her arms and realised she was now a beautiful pink blue and black butterfly. "Oh I love butterflies." said Milly. She looked at Sam and saw that he had turned into a furious orange and red striped dinosaur. Sam said excitedly, "oh yes I love dinosaurs." Milly had fun testing her new wings. She did loop de loops and flew really fast zigzagging through trees and soaring through the low clouds. Meanwhile Sam was roaring and stomping as loud as he could. He pushed over big trees and smashed them with his massive tail and feet. They had so much fun. Milly flew and Sam stomped on for a while until Sam said "Milly I'm tired." So they made a shelter made of rocks, sticks and branches. Sam did most of the work. Milly collected leaves to place on the ground. They sat down and Sam said "Milly I'm hungry." Milly thought for a minute and she remembered the lollipops. She flew back to get her basket. "Here Sam have a lollipop." They had the lollipops and lay down and dozed off. When they woke up they surprised to see they were back to their normal selves. Sam looked at Milly and said "let's go home, but can we come back and do this again tomorrow. Because that was awesome."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!