Escape From Fairyland

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

One beautiful morning, Isabell went out to play with her puppy, Snowy. Isabell reached out to grab a twig from the tree to throw for Snowy, when suddenly as she pulled the twig a tiny door appeared. Isabell studied the door closely. “That’s strange” she commented. “It definitely wasn’t there before” but despite her doubts Isabell opened the door. She gasped right in front of her was a fairy world! “Wow” she breathed. Isabell had read about fairies in books but never thought she would ever see one. Isabell entered, but the door disappeared behind her! “Oh no” squealed Isabell. She scurried frantically around trying to find an escape but it was no use. Isabell decided to explore “the door will come back later” she thought. Suddenly she bumped into a fairy, “hello” said the fairy “are you from here?” she asked. “Um no, I came here through a tree” explained Isabell. “Ah, the great oak” said the fairy half to herself. “Well you’re a lucky one” “um can I ask you a question?” asked Isabell. “Sure” answered the fairy. “Well when I came here there was a door and it disappeared so how do I get it back?” “Well, go down the road and you’ll find a store called the key store and ask for the oak key and unlock the door with that”. “Ok” said Isabell “thanks” and she left. Soon Isabell reached the key shop. She went inside and was greeted by a fairy. “Hi” said the fairy cheerily “what can I help you with?” “Well I’m looking for the oak key” said Isabell. “Um well you have to find a crystal called the magic dust crystal you will find the crystal in crystal cave” said the shop owner “also take this with you” and she handed Isabell a locket and a map “the locket contains magic dust which can only be used once” “okay, and thanks” said Isabell as she left the shop. “Well where do I begin?” Isabell asked herself. She checked the map, it says five steps north……. Soon Isabell reached a sign that read: crystal cave BEWARE! “What could they mean by “beware” said Isabell to herself. “Anyway” and Isabell kept walking. Soon she reached crystal cave. Isabell clasped her hands over her mouth because right in front of her was a humungous giant! Isabell didn’t know what to do! She had used her dust to get over a swamp earlier. Isabell tiptoed past trying to be quiet. But the giant awoke. Isabell knew what she had to do, she ran up to the giant and gave him a ginormous tickle! The giants laugh was louder than a thunderstorm! Isabell quickly ran past, grabbed the crystal and sprinted to the key shop and had the key made for her. Once the key was made Isabell ran back to the door, opened it, and ran into her garden. Strangely, nothing seemed to have changed while she had gone. “It’s magic” Isabell smiled to herself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!