Pip Finds A Monster

3rd in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

This is a story about a 5-year-old girl fairy called Pip. Pip wears a pink dress with green spots and purple high-heel shoes. On her ears are flower earrings that spray out all her magic powers.
One day Pip found a light cave. It was a very beautiful cave. It was light and beautiful because there were hundreds of jewels inside. Pip flew inside the cave because she wanted some of the magic jewels to make earrings for herself.
Inside the cave, Pip found a brown pixie dust tree with green leaves, and golden pixie dust flowing out of it. It looked so beautiful, but it was really a monster in disguise.
As she got closer to the jewels, suddenly the monster took off his clever disguise. He looked like a giant ant, with black skin and giant ear-covers for his antennae-shaped ears. (He used to be white, but he used a spray can to make himself black, and he never showers or washes, so he is still black.)
When she saw him Pip screamed and flew away from the monster as fast as she could, spraying fairy dust from her magic earrings so that the monster couldn’t follow her.
She flew out of the cave and all the way back home where she dived under the safe covers of her bed.
When she had calmed down Pip went to the Queen of Fairyland and told the Queen her story. Straight away the Queen sent two fairy guards to the cave to guard it.
It is still like that today. The monster guards the jewels and the fairies guard the monster and Pip is as happy as can be. That’s because Pip has a secret. Before she left the monster’s cave she grabbed a sparkling rainbow jewel and now has two lovely rainbow-coloured magic earrings to remind her of the day she found a monster.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!