The Unlucky Boy

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

One day an unfortunate boy named Jake was having a nice walk on a Saturday afternoon. Jake wasn’t so lucky, so not knowing what it was, he carelessly picked up a Boomerang Bomb that had been there since WW3: The 10 Second Fight. Jake threw the BB (Boomerang Bomb). It flew around him 100 times. It took ages to finally stop. When it did, it EXPLODED! This time he was fortunate because it had landed far enough away to not blow him over or hurt him.
Jake went on with his walk. He saw a gate and walked through it thinking it was a dog park, but actually it was a land mine field. “What’s happening!” he cried as he ran around the exploding land mine field. He reached the other side of the field and once again he was safe.
As he walked out of the land mine field he nearly walked off a cliff! But a painter had left a ladder behind when he had been hanging off of the cliff face on the ladder doing graffiti. So Jake pulled up the ladder and put it across the valley to a cliff on the other side. As he climbed across he saw far, far down a shark swimming in the river below him. He climbed across the ladder and safely to the other side. Jake thought to himself, “Phew! Maybe I’m not as unlucky as I thought I was.”
The next day Jake went on vacation to the biggest known star in the universe, VY Canis Majoris. He planned to orbit the star in the fastest time he could but this time he was not so lucky. As he was getting close to VY Canis Majoris, the star blew up, and Jake died.
The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!