Colours.

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

Colours. Emotions.
That's all I ever wanted to experience in this world. I believed that's why we all came here - to experience raw passion and to drown in an endless abyss of colour.
I never experienced either of those things to its full extent, until I met a certain soul on my 22nd birthday. He exploded with emotion and light. He changed me, re-created me. He was endlessly enthralling and I was forever bland. I leaked with lifeless shades yet he overflowed with colours and fervour. I was plagued with grey until he reached out and unlocked something deep within me. I soon found myself spilling with colours of red, blue and green. I fell in love with the man that saved me from the captivity of a grey world, of a place that stripped the colour from a child’s cheeks and disposed of it in a cold, desolate place; a place that was far from happiness and peace.
He was ethereal, and I was plain. He took my heart and revived it with red. He took my soul and replenished it with blue. And by the end of it, I became a rich, lavender sky.
His beauty was celestial. He was raw passion. He constantly drowned in the abyss of colours, and it made him the happiest person in the world.
He was a complete masterpiece.
He was art.
He was my colour in a world that was consumed by grey.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!