My Dad - The Travelling Man

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

One icy cold morning, I woke up with a strange and funny feeling in my tummy. I didn’t normally wake up feeling like this. I suddenly remembered why my tummy felt a little bad. It was because my lovely, kind Dad was going on a work holiday.

I jumped out of my cosy, warm bed and got dressed for school. I gave my Dad a massive hug and kiss. He was going overseas to Germany. He is coming back Father’s Day. I am getting Dad lots and lots of cool and exciting presents.

When Dad goes overseas, he has a little case that he carries things in for his wonderful holiday. Before he left he asked me to find some photos of our family to remember everyone. He put the photos in his little case.

Every holiday he gives us wonderful gifts to remember his wonderful and exciting trips. Last time I got a kiss, which is a thimble, from Paris. Once he went to china too and I got a beautiful Chinese dress. I couldn’t stop thinking about what I would get this time!

I want my dad back because I love him.

Maybe I should have said to Dad to ring me lots!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!