Jed

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

Once upon a time there was a greedy dog named Jed who lived in a mansion. He was named after his grandparents, J for Jade, E for Eliza and D for Daniel. He was always spoiled, until they died.
His Mum and Dad said he was too greedy so they kicked him out.
One day when he was trotting along the wet ground he met a genie and so he went up to that weird looking genie and asked, “Can you put everything back to normal?” but the genie said no.
So then he came to a builder to ask if he could build a home for Jed, but he said no.
Next he came to a wizard who told him, “Don’t you see what you have done?”
“No I don’t” said Jed.
“Well you have been too greedy, you need to say sorry to all those people”.
“Geez I didn’t mean to treat people badly” said Jed.
“You should go tell them now that you’re sorry” said the wizard.
So off Jed went to his Mum first.
“Mum, I am really sorry that I was cruel to you. Please forgive me because I just want to be loved”.
“That’s ok, you may be a selfish little dog but you’re my son and I love you”.
So off he went to his Dad, “Dad I am really sorry that I treated you like that, I was rude”.
His Dad told him that he and his Mum loved him unconditionally.
Jed got on the microphone to tell everyone how sorry he was for treating them badly. “From now on I will be a peace maker not a peace breaker”.
Chapter 2 – The Goo
A few months later Jed told his Mum and Dad how it felt better being good, “That is good” his Mum said. “Yes it is” said his Dad.
“Son you know all those people you said sorry to, we’re going to invite them to a party”.
A week later the guests arrived for the party, “ding dong” the doorbell rang, it was the genie. “Welcome” said Jed’s Mum.
“This is a lovely place” said the genie.
“The food is around the side” said Jed’s Dad.
“Ding dong”.
“It must be the builder” said his Mum.
Before long, all the guests had arrived. The guests were the genie, the builder, Theron and Hudson.
“Looks like the wizard isn’t coming son” said Jed’s Dad. “Go cook some cake goo”.
Jed made the cake and it went in the oven.
The cake’s almost ready…”ummm, the cake’s about to explode!!”
SPLAT!
“How did that happen?” Theron asked. “Jed we have to clean this up before your Mum sees”.
“Ding dong”.
“Who could that be?” said Jed.
It was the wizard, “need a hand?...KAPOW!” and with that he cleaned the mess up.
“Wow it’s so clean” Jed said.
“Can you stay for the party?” asked Theron.
“No, I have to go back to the castle” said the Wizard “Have a great party”.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!