A Holiday In Sydney!

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

A holiday in Sydney!

I went to Sydney for a week long holiday with my family. We packed clothes, knickers and jewellery. We went to the Perth Qantas lounge for dinner and desert. After dinner, we went on big plane that flew over night to Sydney. We all fell asleep the whole way.

When we arrived early morning, we took a cab to a city hotel called The York. The city was always busy in the mornings and evenings. We saw many tall skyscrapers in the Sydney city centre. We hopped on a tour bus that took us all around the Sydney iconic landmarks and beaches.

We took pictures from the world famous Sydney harbour bridges, museum, parks and cruise ships docking in the harbour. We walked around the majestic Sydney Opera house. It was an awesome experience! One of the days we went to Bondi beach. We also went to Wet and Wild with my cousins and had lots of fun.

Dinners were always delicious at Italian restaurants at the Darling Harbour. Fireworks after dinner capped the last night in Sydney.

The week went so fast, and before we knew it, it was time for to wrap up our holiday and fly back to Perth. It was a fun filled holiday.

We took an overnight flight. We slept all the way back, just like how it started.

By Kendra Munyongani
Padbury Catholic Primary School, Year 1W

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!