Vices And Sin

Inside all of us are demons that threaten to escape at the slightest agitation. We are born as innocent souls, our dreams pure and our thoughts clean. This changes with time-by society, by experiences, by our own impossible expectations. Before we know it, we are caught up in a cycle that we spent our childhoods witnessing and not understanding- a cycle of vices that is unending.

Age comes, and with it so does mental challenges that often leads us feeling smaller in the big, big world. And at every birthday we are left to reflect on the past year, so desperately wanting the next one to be ‘the best yet’ but simultaneously knowing the years of child hood are long gone- sweet ignorance has left our minds and opened our eyes to see the hell we live in. And with every sin, with every addiction, we curse our own souls.

After years of confusion and feeling lost, we are forced to confront what lays behind the face in the mirror- the demons that push at the surface. The demons we spend our lives trying to suppress behind a mask of perfection finally break through our lies and step out into the world, joining our circle of sins. And what are we to do?
We are mere humans, enslaved by the rules of our society and thoughts that our tormented minds bring down upon us and each other. For us, there is no escape but the one at the end of our flame.

We cannot live our lives in suppression of our thoughts, our desires, our sins. There is only once way we can possibly live in our world full of lies and deceit and that is by burning brightly and so fiercely in the hope that we may melt our demons, because the monsters aren't underneath our beds or in the closets any more, they are within us.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!