Kidnapped

Kidnapped!

Sunlight peeped into my room as I lay there on my comfy, snug bed. Wind rustled the leaves below and blew a gush into the room. I waited there, straining my ears for a sign, any sign to tell if he had stirred.

All of a sudden, Hedgehog released a series of barks. I leapt out of bed, ecstatic. Flinging on clothes and donning on shoes, my hand ran through my raven, bedraggled, hair as I hurried down the hallway picking up the toast in the zip lock bag along the way. Good old mum, always prepared.

I dashed out the door with dark tracksuit pants and a black anorak. Forget Man In Black what about girl in black.
"Hey boy did you miss me?" I was returned with wet licks and vigorously wagging tail. I chuckled and stood up to open the large metal door. The moment I stepped out a big hand in a leather glove swiftly covered my face and blackened my sight. The barking of Hedgehog was the last sound I heard until my hearing stopped and my breathing paused.

I woke wondering why it was so dark. Confusion was soon replaced by fear. I started hyperventilating at the one word that was haunting my mind. Kidnapped. Adrenaline pumped my veins and my heart thudded in my ribcage. Tape stuck on my, ropes tied on my wrists and ankles. My mind cleared away the fog and I perceived I was in a moving vehicle. This must be a car and I am in the boot. How am I ever going to escape? But why is this happening to me? The rap music blasting from the car disturbed my thoughts. I struggled, trying to pull free from the ropes but they were bound too tight.

Five words were stuck in my brain, stubbornly sitting tight. I NEED TO GET OUT. Determination engulfed my mind and I began searching the boot. I found the line that separated the boot door and the lower part of the car. I kicked the door with such enormous might I had to pant for a second. I continued kicking with desperation. Clink. I halted. Perhaps I was opening it? The following kicks were built on hope.

Clink. Whoosh. Cool air flooded in. I was over the moon. My mind focused on escaping again. I needed to jump, before I aroused the kidnapper's attention. The car was travelling so fast. I held my breath and clenched my teeth.

The impact knocked the air out of me! My arms, badly grazed because I tumbled out. Tears rolled down my cheeks. Freedom had never felt so good. I was lying on the road sobbing until I saw a car heading towards me. New tears of terror flowed down. I braced for the pain. It didn't come, instead the car stopped an inch away from me. The doors opened and people in blue uniforms started talking to me. Police. I am so lucky.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!