Mack’s Big Truck Adventure

On the first Sunday of school holidays my mum took me to a town called Ashely so I could go for a ride in the truck with my dad. While we were waiting at my Gran and Grandad’s place, my Dad pulled up out the front. We ran out to see Dad. The truck honked and we ran to see the puppy dogs, Reggie and Jess. Reggie and Jess were in the crate so Dad put us kids in the crate to play with the dogs.
On Monday we went to a farm near Collie and loaded a B-Double truck full of sheep. The farmer let me pat a sheep. We then drove to Forbes sale yards to unload the sheep. I climbed up the side of the crate and made lots of noise to help get the sheep off the truck. Then we went to Goulbourn to unload the other sheep. On the way to Goulbourn I watched the Lego movie on the TV in the bunk, I half fell asleep in the middle of the movie. When I woke up the movie was finished. It was very late when we got to Goulbourn so Dad put me to bed while he unloaded all the sheep. It was so cold Dad said there was ice on top of the trailer.
On Tuesday we needed to head north for our next job. On our way Dad took me to Maccas in Yass and I got hash browns for brekkie. On the way back from Goulbourn we stopped at Peak Hill Hobby Shop and I spent my birthday money buying some mine machines.
On Wednesday it rained so we couldn’t load because it was too muddy. We went to wash out in Dubbo sale yards to fill in the day. Dad took me to buy mint slice biscuits and snakes, Dad tried to steal all of the snakes.
On Thursday we loaded at a farm that was really, really muddy, it was so muddy I got bogged near the sheep trough. A baby lamb got out of the ramp so I ran around to try and get it back in the pen because it needed to go up the ramp into the truck. We then drove to a farm near Gunnedah and unloaded them. After that we went to Gunnedah to help Dean unload some bulls but they were finished with the unloading when we got there. We drove to Narrabri to wash out the trailers and have a shower and some tea at the roadhouse. I had hot chips with chicken salt and a juice. We then drove to Walgett.
On Friday we cleaned out the truck and Dad showed me the old Mack trucks that were in the shed. I thought they were very cool. Then my week was over and it was time to go back home to St George.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!