Sally's Hot Day

“Ohhh it’s so hot,” Sally moaned. “Why would a mansion have five bath rooms and thirty rooms but no air conditioners?”
Sally was sitting in her forty story house and she was boiling hot. “We’ve got to call an air conditioner installer!” Sally’s best friend Georgia said.

Sally’s dad was a banker and he was extremely rich. He has so much money that he couldn’t spend it all. He had five cars, three houses and so many toys to play with, it was ridiculous.

The next day the air conditioner installer technician knocked on the door. In a suspicious voice the man said, “What do you want me to do?”
“You should just put an air conditioner there, there and there,” she said pointing to rooms.
“I am just going to shop for an expensive bag from the mall with my dad’s money,” Sally said excitedly.

Sally left the man in her house. At the mall Sally couldn’t decide what bag she wanted. There was one that was bright pink with blue handles. There was another one with rainbow colours and black handles. She couldn’t decide so she bought both!

She came home to find that the technician was snooping around her house suspiciously. She didn’t want him to see that she was there so she could see what he was going to do. She saw him going into her Dad’s office. What was he going to do she thought? She kept waiting. She moved closer so she could see what he was doing. He was hacking her dad’s bank account and stealing all the money.


“What are you doing?” said Sally firmly. “Um, ummm,” said the technician shyly. “If you don’t tell me what you’re doing now my father will call the police,” Sally said loudly.
“I am a secret spy for James Bond,” he burst out.
“Dad!!” yelled Sally at the top of her voice.
“What sweetie?” asked Dad.
“The air conditioner man is a spy,” replied Sally.

Her dad came rushing down.

“Get out now. I am ringing the police,” her dad shouted. Her dad dialled the number on his iPhone 6 +. The police came straight away. They took the Man away and said that he would be going to prison for at least 5 years.

Sally and her rich dad never got an air conditioner but they liked it that way. They put a password on their gate, a double lock on the door and the safe’s password on their bank account. They never had any problems with criminals again, until….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!