I Hate Mice

Once there was a boy named George, he was a sweet boy but there was one bad thing about him, HE HATED MICE! Every time he saw a mouse he would jump and scream and most of the time, he would shrug it off but no, not this time, this time was different.
On Monday, the start of the week George was catching the bus to school, it was his first time catching a bus because his mum got a new job at a canteen. George really liked it because he got free snacks. When George arrived at school, he said g'day to his teacher like every morning and then went in to learn.
At first break, George went out to eat lunch with his friends. When they were finished eating, one of George's friends Billy, came up with a fun game called truth or dare. When it was George's turn to play the game, one of his other friends Paul, dared George to tell everyone his darkest secret and that his was that he hated mice, but his friend's didn't know that because they love mice.
Before George could say anything, the bell rang for them to go back inside. George said to himself, "Lucky." When they were inside doing their math, his friend Billy said, "What's your secret?" George is not a liar, so he said, "My secret is I hate mice." Then Billy said, "You mean these kind of mice?" and then Billy places a huge rat on top of his head!!
GEORGE JUMPS UP AND SCREAMS AT THE TOP OF HIS VOICE, "GET THIS DISGUSTING MONGREL OF A CREATURE OFF ME."
George had detention for a whole week along with Billy. During the detention, George only said one thing to Billy and that is, "You ain't no friend, you are a bully" and George just walked out.
When George was coming out of detention everyone was teasing him even his best friend Paul. Paul was teasing him and that happened for over 2 years. When George was fifteen, he met his soul mate and at the age of 26 they got married and had a boy and a girl. Now he looks back at his miserable class photos and he laughs. The next day in the paper, he saw his old school friend Billy, he was in jail because he made a highway robbery and he is in there for life.
Now George is happily married with two kids and his son Alex has a pet mouse and George loves him. The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!