Dark And Vacant

After I received the dreadful announcement, I cautiously stepped out of the dark, vacant room my father once occupied.
I mourned over my father’s unexpected death, he was the most surpassing and pre-eminent ruler this vast land ever knew.
My crestfallen mind was soon shocked with a new, physical torture, when a sharp pain tore through me.
The excruciating pain was unbearable, it just stretched and raked throughout my throbbing body as I fell to me knees in trauma.
I could hear my heartbeat pounding in my ears, but I was entirely focused on the powerful pain that devoured me.
It was not long before I felt a hot, flowing liquid start to trickle down my leg, then in thick drips, it hit the floor.
I looked down, my mouth agape as I coughed up the dense, red liquid that was running down my leg and had soaked my once crisp, white shirt.
I couldn't tell where it was coming from, the incessant pain seemed to be consuming my whole body.
It was all very unclear until I felt the agonizing tug of a knife lacerate my stomach.
I had been purposely and brutally impaled.
I had been murdered… but who was the question.
I clutched my stomach as I turned to face the nonchalant demeanour of my perpetrator.
Otherwise known as my brother, my dearest brother.
Why would he put me in such affliction?
Is there purpose for this savage assassination?
These questions in my head demanded answers but it was too late...
As my last breath escaped my lips, I whispered "Yet my life had only just begun…"
My mind slowly became inanimate, and in that moment I collapsed to the stone floor, falling deep into the black expiration they call death.
The little life that was left in my body soon dispersed as my eyes turned as dark and vacant as the room my father once occupied...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!