Lauren And The Mystery Puppy

Lauren and the Mystery Puppy
It was one stormy and rainy night, the wind was howling and the lightning was continuous. Though Lauren loved the rain, she was very bored and didn’t know what to do. Then, out of nowhere there were two loud cries at the front door. Lauren at first was frightened, but then she heard the noise a second time, Lauren then confronted her fear and looked to see what was at the door. She had opened the door to see a beautiful puppy with the biggest brown eyes, the cutest button nose and the chubbiest little belly you could ever imagine. The first thing that came to Lauren's mind though was to get the puppy inside before it catches a cold. Once Lauren and the puppy were inside, Lauren had discovered that the puppy was a girl but she didn’t have a collar around her neck. Then a thought came to Lauren, “That puppy might have lost her collar during the storm’’. Lauren and the puppy were too tired to find the owner though, so they decided to look in the morning. The next day Lauren and the puppy went out searching for her owner. They first started by hammering ‘‘lost’’ posters all over town and to give them a call if she belongs to them, but nothing had happened. The next idea was to post some information on the internet and see if anyone would respond, but no one did. Lauren and the puppy were starting to get worried, but they still had one last chance. They looked in the newspaper to see if anyone had written something about a missing puppy, but unfortunately there was no luck. Lauren then took the puppy home and went to bed; shortly they fell asleep in each other’s arms. On the morning three days later Lauren got a phone call. It was about a missing puppy! The lady on the phone said she had big brown eyes, a cute button nose and a chubby belly, it fit the description! Lauren then arranged for the owner to pick up her puppy. Once the lady had arrived she knew that was her puppy instantly. Lauren's only question was why she took three days to find her puppy? The lady then replied that her and her husband were on a holiday and were out of town, she also said that the puppy was left with her sister that lives two blocks away and probably was scared of the storm and snuck out. Though Lauren was sad to see the puppy go, she knew she was going back to her home. Since the lady knew Lauren and her puppy had a connection she said Lauren could come and visit the puppy anytime she wanted. Lauren was so happy to hear that. Lauren then said goodbye to the Lady and her puppy and fell gently off to sleep.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!