The Coffee Shop

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

Max looks down at her phone as it buzzed next to her. Its anther message from her mum. She can read the beginning of the message on the screen it reads Max, I heard the good news! I can’t believe you already found…….. that’s as far as Max could read. She could already guess what the message was about. It just wold be her mum saying how proud she was that she found a job in South Field. She had already managed have a job at a coffee shop near her during the holiday.
Her job at the shop started in an hour. She decided that it might be good if she was really early for her first day on the job. She took the bus over closer to the town where the shop was. She was scared. She wanted to make a good first impression. The bus stopped. She walks into the shop, the smell of coffee beans suddenly around her. The lady who hired the girl, MAx and showed her around is standing behind the counter. “Now you remember how to work the cash register?” said Jenny. “Yes, of course” said Max. “Okay, great, you see I hate to leave you here but I have to go, Okay? I’ll be back soon.” Said Jenny as she walks out. A few minutes later a small, rowdy group of four teenagers walk in. There’s a girl who is impossible not to notice, her bright purple hair spiralling down from her snapback. One of the boys says to the girl with purple hair “Hey Amber! Dare you to jump the bins!”. “You want me to break my neck?” yells Amber. “I’ll give you twenty bucks if you make it” the boy replies. Amber gives a daring look before saying “Fine!” Then she walks back ready to take a run up to one of the coffee shops big bins. Amber ran up to the bin and jumped. Just as Amber had nearly made it over her foot gotten caught on the bin for a second and she hits the hard ground, face first.
Max runs to help Amber who is face down, bleeding on the floor while her ‘friends’ stand there and laugh. “Are you okay?” asks max. “Jenny is coming, run!” the other girl suddenly shouts. Soon they are gone. While Amber stayed on the ground. Jenny walks in to see Amber crouched over and bleeding on the floor with Max kneeling next to her. “It’s your group that always comes in here to disturb my store, now what happened?” asks Jenny slightly calmer. “I slipped on your floor” Amber says. “I should sue you.” continues Amber. Jenny takes her to the sink to clean her cuts. Jenny kicks Amber out and tells her not to comeback soon as they come out. It has not been a very good day. The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!