My Favourite Story

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

A favourite place of mine is hidden like a fairy realm. It is colossal and emerald green. I sit there in the evening with my puppy Ollie. We love to go there each evening because our eyes see the sunset through the silhouette of the trees. There is a bridge near the tree where my imagination lives. I read my books under the tree.
I like to breathe in the smell of fresh apple pies and see the people who walk nearby and sometimes say, “Hello.” I like to listen to the birds tweet and hear the kookaburras laugh. Their raucous noise echoes around me like they are making fun of something I have said. I like to eat fresh fruit and nuts while I watch the possums sleep. The sweet juicy nectar dribbles down my chin like a cascading waterfall and I quickly lick it up before it stains my shirt. I like to feel the different texture of the trees on my skin. The hard bark and the soft leaves feel comforting to me in my special place.
My friends and I love to be there because we can see the animals that crawl by, unaware that we are watching their every move. You should come and meet me here sometime and you shall have a blast. I really like visitors. Why not come and have lunch? Before you know it, you will have to go and you will know why I love it here so much.
There’s no place better on earth than my special place – why not come and make it yours too?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!