Paradise

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

My bare feet sunk into the infinite grains of sand and half crushed seashells. My hair was carried by the night winds and it was like the ocean, full of waves and full of salt. The shallow tides brushed along the tips of my toes.
It was a silent night; the world was so still, yet so full of life. The sea seemed to stretch on forever. I could hear the slightest cries of seagulls and see their little silhouettes flying by the descending sun as it drowned into the horizon. The sky was painted by vibrant arrays of colours. Closing my eyes, I could hear thunderous waves crashing against the rocks in the distance. I could smell the salty aroma which drifted from the sea.
I kept warm by a small fire and stared at the grotesque flames flickering as the smoke drifted into the atmosphere. Up above, I was mesmerised by the sea of never-ending stars and the sky of water at my feet. The ocean reflected the tiny, twinkling dots like a sea of fireflies. Ghostly clouds were only just visible against the caliginous sky. The luminous moon beamed down on the shore and gave the sky a source of light.
The exotic palm trees hung above me and danced in the wind as its leaves swayed from side to side. It was so beautiful. I relaxed from the worries from reality. It felt like I was on the edge of the world. It was my escape, my paradise.
It was perfect.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!