Mustang Mountain

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

As the sun rose on the misty Mustang Mountain, it was a glorious and amazing view. The light danced over the landscape, the grass glimmered with drops of dew. High in the hills standing proud and strong was a golden majestic stallion grazing peacefully where he belongs. Spirit I would call him for was wild and free, untouched by human hands as he would always be.
Billy Blackwater the boss of the crew, Rat who really liked rats, Scurvy the man who had caught scurvy in jail, and Bob was the clown of the party, who couldn't even tack up a horse. This motley crew were out laws through and through, had never had a real job had planned to round up the Mustangs and sell the lot.
The dawn was shattered with the sounds of cracking whips. Spirit pranced, bucked, reared and galloped rounding up and protecting his mob. There was fear in Spirits eyes as he tried to save his herd. Billy Blackwater screamed and yelled but not a word was heard. They rounded a corner and headed up a craggy cliff face to a dead end, Billy thought this would be easy as they chased them around the bend. Unknown to Bill and his crew Spirit could climb better than they knew. The Mustangs made a great escape by some amazing feat, they leaped across the great divide that the out laws could not beat.
I would name him Spirit for he was wild and free, untouched by human hands as he would always be.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!