The Minty's

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

Have you ever wondered or looked close enough to see what the world carries beneath the flowers and the trees. Well there are creatures there, if you notice what's around you, you'll be able to see them everywhere. They're not so obvious to the everyday passer rushing by. But for those amongst us with a keen and observant eye you will catch a glimpse of them here and there.
Now these creatures aren't like any you have seen before. I know because my friends and I have seen billions of them and we've even secretly become the best of friends. They live amongst us day and night and are just the most wonderful sight. They are very kind and cheerful but delicate. Although they may not seem to exist they are always right next to you. They watch you when you play with friends or when you complete a project you have been aching to finish or when you get congratulated by someone that believes in you. In all those happiest of moments they are watching you. These special little creatures collect all these happy occasions and put it in a book they so very carefully make every day. At night when you are sleeping they read all about your happy day and put a big smile on your mind.
From the moment we are born we are given the greatest gift that comes in the form a Minty. When we open our baby eyes a little sparkle appears and stays with us until the day we close our eyes for the very last time. Our Minty is the holder of our happiest and warmest memories, our first laugh, our first steps, our friendships and successes, the image of our parents loving face.
How I discovered these Minties was on a spectacular day. The early autumn days in our town are the happiest and fairest days of the year, as the leaves slowly change to golden brown. It was on one of these days my friends and I went to the park together to visit the thing we loved most about the park, the tree house clubhouse. It is the most wonderful magical place where my friends and I would get together. The tree house is under the outstretched arms of the oldest oak tree in the park. It provides shade from the sun, protection from the wind but most importantly a safe place for us to laugh, dance, sing, play games, relax and share stories. It was a place where the happiest of childhood memories were created and so it would be as no surprise the home of the Minty's. Just before dark my friends Toby, Clara, Jim and Fern and I all went home. When I was home I was very tired from the big day so I went straight to bed. I suddenly felt something tingling on my nose. I gasped! And that's how it all began, the greatest friendship of my life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!