Koala And The Bushfire

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

Once upon a time there lived a koala. Her name was Cuddly Kit. She lived in the bushes of Australia with her mother and brother.
One day they were sleeping in a Eucalyptus tree when Cuddly Kit woke to the sound of cackling fire and bursts of red, orange and yellow.
Cuddly Kit shook her mother but she remained asleep! What could she do? She pushed her mother and they both fell out of the tree and into the fire below!
Brother Koala woke at the sound and tried to find them but the fire was too high. “What can I do?” he said to himself, when he fell off into a deep sleep...
The next few days passed and the fire was out. Brother Koala woke up and yawned. He ate a bit and managed to fish mother and Cuddly Kit koala back into the tree.
They were fine but a little bit hungry!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!