The Mythical Prison

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

The Mythical Prison By Ashton Booth

It was a peaceful night at the Hulian Village where the moon is always black. The Hulian Village is just over four Hulian Mountains called Hamania, Hamarna, Halvia and Horain.
Now to me…
Some years ago, I woke up on the road with no memory of how I got there or any memory of my past. All I knew was my name. It was Zane. I was taken in by villagers and they gave me a home.
OK, now to the story…
One night I suddenly woke up at midnight. I got up and walked around the village and saw a purple and black falcon. It was carrying a pen. I took the pen and followed the bird to a cave and we entered it together. There were guards and gaol cells with people in them. The guards weren’t normal. They were ghosts, griffins, phoenixes and a lot more creatures.
I saw the King. It was made up of every different mythical creature that ever existed and it was gigantic. If something didn’t obey it, it would certainly die.
I needed to help the prisoners escape. I snuck in as two ghosts brought in another prisoner. I snuck through a gap in the floor and I found a staircase. I followed it for about a kilometre down until it reached a dead end. I realized there was another hole leading into the cells.
I went in and grabbed a person to help him escape, but an alarm went off! We ran up the staircase and looked up at the gap. It was too late! Guards were already at the entrance. Then I realized the guards were coming up the staircase too! I silently crawled near the gap with my partner behind me, but we were found!
I thought it was over for us when the falcon zoomed in. It made a distraction long enough for us to escape. Then it flew away.
Later, I met up with the falcon again. I named him Amada.
I went to sleep as normal but I woke up in prison!
I realized that they didn’t put a sensor on me, so I wouldn’t set alarms if I tried to escape. I sneaked out of the bars of the cell and silently past the guards. But when I got to the hallway, I found there was no gravity and I started floating up into space! I kept floating until I found a rocket pointing back to earth. I got in but I didn’t know how to fly it.
Amada then flew into it and got the pen out of my pocket and put it into my hand. The pen started glowing and the rocket started to fly magically by itself. I realized the pen could help me if I was having trouble or in trouble.
And that is my story. Or should I say that was really my crazy dream, because I woke up in my bed! Believe me????

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!