Never Ending Nightmare

Never-ending
Nightmare
“What have we done, what have we done”, Shouted Lucas. His voice faded in his own mind as he woke up from his night mare, sweat made a huge puddle on his bed. What was that he whispered to himself careful not to wake the others up. In the morning when he woke up he still remembered the terror of the night before, normally you forget your dreams after you wake up but not this time he remember every detail, It was if he read the day ahead of him. Today they were supposed to go on a field trip to the local zoo. Lucas had an Idea, he was going to fake being sick to stop the terrible day ahead of him. After breakfast of toast and muffins, Lucas faked having a belly ache.
“Aaaaahhhhhhhh”, Lucas said in a low mumbly voice. “What’s wrong sweet heart” his mother asked him, “I’ve got a pain in my stomach “, He replied. “I bet he’s lying”, said his 5 year old brother John. Mum Looked at Lucas straight in the eyes and said with a serious voice “Are you lying”, Lucas was terrible at lying “yeeeeeeeeeah” Lucas said uncertainly “You are going to school” said Mum
Lucas arrived at school and everything was the same like in the dream, they had changed seat the teacher wasn’t there yet and Lucas was panicking. Finally once the teacher arrived she told the class are you ready for our field trip. The loud yes echoed through the whole school. Down at the bus station Mrs Livion called the roll, it was exactly the same as the dream, George and Braydon were away. The bus ride was short and boring; the teacher was on the microphone talking about the safety rules of the zoo. We went past the snakes patted the kangaroos and feed the goats. Then we got to the gorillas.
It was the same as the dream. Lucas was scared he did not want to happen just like what happened in the dream. “Mrs Livion can I go to the toilet please?” Lucas said anxiously. “You can go after we see the gorillas, you can wait”, replied Mrs Livion. “Today we will need some volunteers to help feeding the gorillas” started our tour guide. Everyone put their hands up and started calling me pick me, pick me. “I’ll take the boy at the back and the girl at the front”. That was Lucas. There was a loud sigh from the rest of the grade. Lucas was scared. “Just follow what I tell you and you’ll be fine” he explained to Lucas. He explained how they were trying out a new feed for gorillas, chemically put together for a perfect balance of vitamins and overall performance. After they feed the gorillas through the metal cage, they started growing in size exactly in the dream. Although Lucas tried his best to stop it there was no other way out. Then he woke up.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!