KANGAROOS V EMUS

“Good morning ladies and gentleman,” announced the commentator. You have all gathered for a good day today. We have got team kangaroos and team Emus.
On team kangaroo’s we have on number 1, Joe the Jumper, 2 Jo and on 3, we have Jack. On the Emu’s team we have on number 1 Ethan, 2 Emily, 3 Eric. They’re going to be doing a coin toss to see who has first. The crowd is bellowing so loud, that some are losing their voices.
“Hey! Do you want to do the coin toss now!” the Emus yelled.
“Ok mate, heads or tails?” the mighty Roos yelled in a nervously way.
“Heads!” yelled the Emus.
“Ok,” Jo strongly said.
“I will do the coin toss,” Jo said. Ting the coin flipped up in to the air and landed on a piece of flat green grass.
“Yah we get to go first!” screamed the Emus.
“No we have to go next,” cried the kangaroos.
“Let’s start!” yelled the kangaroos. The Emus gave an evil look in the kangaroos’ red beading eyes. “We can taste the victory,” bellowed the Emus.
“So can we!” yelled the kangaroos. The Emu’s lined up the ball, ready to go. 1, 2, 3 kick. Toot! Try!!! “Yes we got it in,” Bellowed the Emus.
“Oh no this is not looking good,” cried the kangaroos. It was the kangaroos turn to kick off. 1, 2, 3.
“Ouch,” cried Jim the Jumper. “My tail, you stood on my tail and it really hurts. You’re dirty players.” The ref whistled his whistle again but this time it was indeed very loud. It was the kangaroos turn to Kicking off, 1, 2, 3, kick.
“Yes we got it in!” cried Jack.
It was time, the whistler duck was whistling everyone’s ear out of their sockets. The Emus had one last kick off. They got the ball ready to go. 1, 2, 3, kick. They were all wide eyed.
“No!” cried the emus, “We missed, how is this happening to us?” It was the kangaroos turn to kick off 1, 2, 3 kick.
“We won the match!” yelled the kangaroos.
All the kangaroos and Emus gathered at Joe’s house and had native darling pea. They all dined together but one was absentee and had taken flight. The whistler duck had taken flight.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!