War Dog

It was a cold day in Russia, the rain was pouring down more like bucketing down as a little black dog lay peacefully in an alley sound asleep. The little dog lay in the box, as the rain eventually stopped the little puppy crept out of the box and onto the street.

The little black dog's name was Riley, he was abandoned by a family that was horrific to the poor little puppy, the Cobblestones. They treated him like he isn't even there, they didn't even feed him. Mrs Cobblestone liked to play bingo so every day she played bingo. One day mrs Cobblestone burst in the door and, apparently she had won 20,000,000 dollars.The whole family traveled to Las Vegas well everyone except me. The Cobblestones didn't want to leave me in the street so they left me down this alley that's where I lay until now.

As I will continue I was walking down the street then suddenly the door of this house burst open and a young man came out, he threw the bag of garbage at the trash can and missed but then walked back inside just as the door closed I managed to sneak in. I was planning to look around and sneak out but I fell asleep.



As a ray of sunlight came through a crack in the cupboard where I hid,I woke up I snuck out of the cupboard and found the man standing in front of me. The man seemed to be wearing a uniform that looked like the dirt and grass that I played in well that's what I thought. The man picked me up and took me into the kitchen. I was really hungry so while the man wasn't looking i jumped into the open cupboard and pulled out a bag of chips. The man turned around and opened the bag for me, after a full hour of being in a potato chip bag the man picked me up and said I'm going to war to fight and I was thinking that I can't just leave you so I will take you with me.


I was very excited about that,the man looked at the collar and said I don't think Riley is a suitable name so I will call you Ceaser. Woof woof. Caesar boarded the ship and the long journey began.

After a lot of long days the ship was pulled to a stop and tiny boats were pulled out, the men all boarded the boats. Then the sound of a gunshot echoed between the mountains separating the two lands. Then all of a sudden all you could see were men running back into the water to duck for cover. Some men didn't even get onto shore before they were dead. The smart me like my owner ran around the corner and survived, after what seemed like forever the boats that took the men back to Russia came to shore and everyone boarded.

When the man got back home I stayed with him and became a wonderful companion and lived a wonderful life with a man a lady he met and a little baby that loves to ride on my back.That's my story bye for now see you next time. Woof

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!