OBLIVION

Tuesday, 9th June, 1874
Name: Sam Stuart
Sex: Male
Age: 22
Dear Diary,
All I remember is that I woke in a dark, misty forest with nothing but a rusty dagger and ragged clothes. I had nothing edible or drinkable, so I started my journey in search of food and water.
On my journey, I found some berries and a waterfall. I found many species of flora and fauna plus many species of beasts and mythical creatures. When I ever came across a beast or mythical creature, I ran! I ran because most of the beasts or mythical creatures were mostly Minotaur, Goblins and the worst of all kind, the GIANT CYCLOPS!!! The Cyclops is about 27 feet tall. The only way to kill the Cyclops was the tears of the saviour. The Cyclops lives in a parallel world and the only way to get to the parallel world is to go through the portal of truth!
It was getting dark and I had to set up camp. I used my rusty dagger to cut branches off the trees in the forest then I pulled all the leaves off. I used the leafless branches to make a frame plus I used some thread form the ragged clothes that I was wearing to tie the frame together. I used the leaves to cover the frame and to use as a mattress but I still needed to make a fire! I made a f ire by rubbing a rock against my rusty dagger to create a spark, which I put to a handful of dried grass and that gave me fire. The sun was just setting on the horizon so I thought that I should get some sleep.
Wednesday, 10th June, 1874
Dear Diary,
It’s almost sunrise and I had the best dream ever, it was that one day I became a hero by slaying the GIANT CYCLOPS!!! I hope that one day I could do that. I was still feeling a bit sleepy so I went for a swim in a lake to wake up properly. The lake was right next to camp.
When I was swimming, I saw something shining in the distance, so I swam over and I found the portal of truth on a tiny island. When I went in, it was misty. I was walking down this creepy path when I came across this potion, I though it must be the tears of the saviour, but right before my eyes, I saw the GIANT CYCLOPS!!! I thought that if I poured the tears of the saviour over my rusty dagger and stabbed the Cyclops, that it would kill the hideous beast. I only had one chance but I went for it. When I stabbed the Cyclops, he fell right to the ground. Although I risked it all, I still defeated the GIANT CYCLOPS!!! I believe that I am now a true here!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!