Falling

As I look out the window on Christmas Eve it is snowing very lightly like tiny fairy dust falling from the sky. I can imagine them falling on to my
cheeks like tiny little cotton balls. Everything is cold and frozen. I cannot feel anything. I cannot see anything. It is as white as clouds. The
wind is blowing very hard against the front door. I hear tiny little bell sounds outside my window. It is so cold I can’t sleep.
My two little brothers are wide-awake and crying because they think that Santa won’t come because of all the bad weather. As we all huddle to keep warm I can hear my pop snoring and everyone else turning. I can feel the cold starting to take over my body. I am sneezing, coughing and I can hardly talk. My voice is slowly fading away. My throat is so dry I can hardly swallow so I go to the kitchen to get a drink when suddenly the roof collapses. All the freezing cold snow falls on me. I can hardly move. I feel frozen to the floor. None of my family come to help, they are asleep.
Finally I push the snow away. I get up and climb to the top of the roof to see how bad it is but I can hardly see anything. Then I see ANOTHER big snow
storm coming this way. I run back into the room with all my family to see them fast asleep. I try to wake them up but they don’t move. The storm is coming and fast. I feel the cold air blow into my face like the snow that fell on me. I hear a loud bang then the whole roof comes off. Then everyone woke up but it is too late, the sides of the house fly off. We all jumped up and ran to the basement where mum pushed my brothers and I into a mini closet. I don’t want to go in but my Mum forced us and shut the door behind us. I kept yelling “MUM LET ME OUT”. I am so angry that I hit my head and knock myself out.
I wake up and everything is ok, the walls, the roof, and I am laying in my bed. I realise that it was just a dream all this time. Mum yells “Breakfast
is ready” so I get up, finish my toast and go to school.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!