I Cannot Believe...

Help! I cannot believe what I'm seeing. It’s big and hairy with light brown hair and fingers as sharp as daggers. I'm breathless. The hairy monster is striding across the little room. I get out of my small cold bed and roll under it. It's cramped but one blow of those claws will knock me out cold. The monster pushes my light bed and throws it with no hesitation at all. I have a brainwave. I can dive through the monsters legs and open my bedroom door. It creaks. I slam the door behind me with a BANG!!! The monster tears down the door. I run, the monster at my heels. I burst through the front door and sprint through the garden and jump over the fence and run down the long dark street. It's hard to see but I run. The monster does not mind the darkness at all. I can just see my friend Jimmy who lives in my street. He waves and shouts, "What are you doing?" "Trying not to be killed," I shout back. I tear around a sharp corner and run for a bit longer. Then I trip over something. A deep cut was embedded in my palm. I look up. The monster is right in front of me! It pounces, lifts its big, hairy arm and strikes. Darkness floods in...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!