The Time When I Was Scared

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

A long time ago, the sun went behind the near mountains and the end of the day arrived. My day was hard and I wasted all my energy. I was looking forward to stretching my body in my warm, comfortable bed in my room. After every one of my family said goodnight, the lights in our house went off.
While I was waiting for my dream to visit me quietly, the night spread out its kingdom around me. I closed my tired eyes and I wished to have a magnificent dream. I just fell asleep and I heard somebody knocking on my window. I tried hard to hear something, but it was only the wind and its noise.
I opened my eyes and had a look through the window. The near tree was bending its body in pain, and the strong wind was playing a game with him. Its leaves like small children were swinging around calling for help.
And suddenly the dark and mysterious sky came into view. There weren’t bright stars, only the moon like giant monster with big teeth constantly changing its shape. The wind was taking the clouds away hiding the moon.
All of a sudden the dark sky said: “Run away, I am the control man here”.
“Bang”, the thunderstorm replied. She was just an obedient slave on the dark sky. She had just one friend, the lighting. When the lightening talked, my room was glowing. On the walls in my room some strange shadows arrived. They walked fast talking between themselves: “Let’s eat the little kid, let’s go in her bed”.
The horror went in my bones. I had my head under the blanket asking myself where the end of this horrible night was.
The heavy, dark clouds started to cry. The giant teardrops fell down. I thought the river from the sky came on my window. That river pleased down the thunderstorm and the lighting stopped. The tree became calm. My heart became satisfied. After all I fell asleep.
When I woke up the morning I didn’t remember anything. When I opened my eyes, the sun was smiling. On the walls, there was nothing except the enjoyable and lovely daylight.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!