The Barrians

Finalist in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

It is the year 3015, and life is good on Planet Zargos. Planet Zargos is 500 million light years from Earth, in a different solar system. The planet is covered in rainbow-coloured plants that have spikes.
The inhabitants of Zargos, the “Barrians”, are black, and they have antennas on their heads to absorb electricity from their Sun, which they call “Genzhon”. They eat the rainbow-coloured plants, but leave the spikes. The juice from the spikes is used to power their machines.
Stranji and Wrook are two young Barrian boys. They are 11 Earth years old, and they are both clever and strong. Stranji has the ability to stretch out his arms up to 99 meters, and Wrook has the ability to jump as high as 99 meters. They use their special powers for good.
Zenok and Velin are two silly villains that live in a mother ship. They are both 15 Earth years old. Zenok and Velin flew in their mother ship to Planet Zargos to capture Wrook because he has the most energy on the planet and Zenok wants to steal his energy to take control of Planet Zargos. Zenok catches Wrook with a special electric bag that takes Wrook’s energy away.
A 30 year old man from Earth, Ethan, arrives on Planet Zargos and ruins their lovely crops, when his spaceship lands. The Barrians panic and think that their planet is being invaded by Earth aliens. Ethan tries to explain to them that he doesn’t want to destroy their planet but the Barrians don’t understand him.
Then the Barrians give Ethan a Zenji to put on his mouth so they can communicate.
Stranji explains to Ethan that Wrook had been captured by Zenok. Stranji asks for Ethan’s help. Ethan agrees to help and flies to the mother ship in his spaceship.
Ethan rescues Wrook by using his electricity absorber on the electricity bag that Wrook is kept in. Stranji grabs onto two stars and catapults Zenok’ s mother ship into Genzhon, their sun.
The Barrians celebrate that Zenok and Velin were gone and that they made a new friend in Ethan. They gave Ethan a teleporter to come visit them at Planet Zargos, anytime he wants to.
Planet Zargos is a peaceful planet once again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!