The Best Thing That Ever Happened!!!

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

On Lily’s first day of school, she was so excited in meeting her new classmates and seeing her new teacher. She was a new student, at a new school. Some of the girl students saw her wondering around on her own and approached her by introducing themselves. They decided to show Lily around the school, so that she could become aware of all the surroundings.
As they approached the locker area, she noticed some boys looking at her. One of the boys, whose name was Max, as she found out later on, was looking at her in a dreamy way and said “Hi.” Lily couldn’t understand why he was acting in this manner. Her new school friends confided in her by saying that he always acts like this when a new girl comes to the school. Lily was dazzled and raised her eyebrows in amazement, which at the same time went quiet and quite shy.
When the bell rang, Lily approached her new classroom and entered. As she was looking for a place to sit, she realised that she was in the same class as Max. She started to feel funny in the stomach, weak at the knees and wanted to hide but couldn’t. She quickly sat in the chair in front of him with her back to him. He seemed to want to talk to her, but no words would come out. He wanted to ask Lily to work with him on a project task in which the teacher had set upon the class to do in that lesson. Their teacher went on to pair up the class randomly and guess what? Max was paired up with Lily, much to Max’s delight.
They both worked well together and became very fond of each other’s company very quickly. As time, days, months went by, they began to hang out together more and more. They laughed, shared homework, went for walks, played video games, board games, told each other their secrets, and shared the same friends and lots more. Both at school and away from school. They became the best of friends. Eventually, Max confided his feelings to her one day. It was the day of Lily’s 18th birthday. He told her how much he really cared for her and how much he was glued to her from that very first day of school when he first laid eyes on her in 6th grade. Their feelings were mutual for one another. Every day, from there on after, they realised they were both meant for one another and became inseparable, like a fish out of water.
Max and Lily went on to complete school and Uni together. Max became a Lawyer and Lily became a Doctor. They ended up getting married and had a beautiful family together which they now share their story with their children and grandchildren.
It’s so nice when sometimes things seem hard in the beginning and with a little effort, some things end up being the best things that have ever happened to you.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!