Falling

You are falling. Falling. Falling… Your body hits the ground awkwardly. You spring awake to find yourself in a sweaty mess, tangled in your bed sheets. You quickly brush off the dream, and walk to the kitchen to get some water. As you draw closer to the kitchen, you can hear someone screaming. You stop walking; but only for a moment. Your steps slow. You rub your eyes in disbelief. Your girlfriend is tied in a chair. A knife is held to her throat, as she gasps for air. You try to scream for the killer to stop, but your voice is cut off by the tears. The killer slits her throat. You try to close your eyes, but you can’t. It is almost as though they are being held open. Your vision blurs, you presume because of the tears.
You wake up several minutes later to find yourself lying on your bed again. You hear a knock on your door. Your girlfriend walks in. You let out a soft scream when you see the thick rope stitches holing the gash in her throat closed. She says you should have stayed, you should have happily watched her being killed. She says you obviously don’t love her. She leaves. You break down in tears.
You walk into your parents’ room. Your mum has her back to the door. You begin to ask your mum what the hell is going on. She turns around, revealing the gaping holes where her eyes used to be. You just turn around and run- out the front door, across the street. Your vision goes black.
You realise someone is saying your name. You hear someone saying over and over, “please wake up. Please wake up.” You open your eyes to discover that everyone is how they once were; your mum, your girlfriend. Your girlfriend holds you tight. She says something in your ear. “I thought I’d lost you. I love you.” You don’t know what love is anymore.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!