Beginning Of Archive

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

The demons in sheep’s clothing, also known as class 10D slowly stalked into their class room, each one socially talking through their false masks, discussing the latest trends; fashion, sports and games. They didn’t seem to notice the smart but discreetly dressed soul siting in the back corner of the room, his presence dismissed immediately as no threat to their personal Garden of Eden. This wasn’t abnormal for the slightly built boy; in fact unbeknownst to many he had engineered this situation himself, in every battle of wits, physic or even beauty he was the middle man, exactly how he wanted it.
Abruptly the passage to the outside world opened with a small squeak disturbing the hum of conversation as the ‘respected adult’ of this subject proceeded to progress towards the only well-furnished desk and seat in the room, followed by the anomaly. The hunger of the demons slightly subsided as they analysed the fresh meat in the form of a striking figure and intern, she analysed the group of savage wolfs in front of her. It only took a few seconds but soon her eye’s narrowed in on the only person in the room not obviously surprised in her late appearance to this battleground. As he detached himself from his book, their eyes met. They say that eyes are the windows of the soul, which will unconsciously show keen observer’s people’s darkest secrets. Two sentences shuffled through the minds of the boy and girl whose eyes locked. “You are interesting” and “Leave me alone” they disconnected their mental probe and returned to their two positions in the hunting grounds of their current classmates.
“Sit down be quiet and Jeremy put your lunch away, it is not recess, though I’m sure we all wish it was,” came the slightly humorous machine gun sentences from the teacher. He began his normal rattle on how we should all be respectable young adults before turning towards our new addition. “Now Girls, don’t get jealous, we have a real gem and boy’s good luck. Miss Alice please take a seat,” he stated, whilst giving a slightly mischievous wink. The normal sea of students seemed to hold their breath as the new girl walked towards her seat. This was the movement, the test. Quick as lightning a leg leapt out of its seat to form a road block before, equally fast getting stomped with a prepared answer. Ouch shoes hurt. It had all been pulled off so smoothly that only the people waiting for it saw it happen, however the blonde just kept walking as her challenger started cursing under her breath and a dismissed spirit almost laughed for once… almost.
Later that night, under the shadow of the moon, a slightly built blonde figure held a device to her ear as it ended its ringing, before quickly uttering, “Sir, I’ve found him” and hung up. A small giggle escaped the mysterious figure’s lips as she thought about what was to come.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!